Saturday, April 27, 2013

Not Getting Any Younger

As bizarre as this may seem in the modern world, at the advanced age of 25 I have never been on a diet. I just never felt compelled. I have never had any particular issue with my weight (there were always plenty of other things I didn't like about myself to focus on). Not to say I'm thin, or even fit. I'm not. All of my adult life I have been on the plumper side, and even before then i have viewed myself as over weight. Mostly because I have a large chest and to me in high school that somehow translated into "fat".

In the back on my mind I have always told myself "Eventually I will take control of  what I eat, but for now ice cream."  Well eventually is now. To be more precise, three days ago. I have a little app on my phone that i log all my meals, and counts my steps, and all that fun stuff.

The incident that precipitated all this was the arrival of a blender! Paul was sent one by his parents for his birthday and I have been on a smoothie making bonanza ever since. I have even gotten V8 (low sodium of course) to add some much needed vegetables to my diet. The unpleasant taste of v8 is almost completely disguised by some nice tangy greek yogurt and frozen strawberries. Next on the list to try is adding some odwalla superfood. Fun fun!

So far so good. I've had more energy and most amazingly I have had a mush easier time getting up in the morning. While still not peppy it isn't as painful as it has been in the past. Remarkable.
In the end I just want to make sure I am taking care of myself. Luckily, taking care of myself involves coffee strawberry and blackberry smoothies.

No comments:

Post a Comment