Friday, April 5, 2013

Out with the old in with the older (and apparently higher quality)

Hurray! I have purchased a new (refurbished) sewing machine. My old machine started giving me trouble a ways back and never really got working again. Once i finally rustled up the motivation to take it in to someone to be fixed i was told it wasn't a very nice machine and could be fixed. A little rude, but given that it stopped working every time i tried to use it probably true. So I traded my machine in for 1960s Singer sewing machine that can double as a workout aid. Seriously this thing is heavy. But with the adorable light teal coloring i don't know how any body could resist.

I even have my own work space! I took over the front table by the window in a fierce battle with the coffee pot. Now i can sit and sew and watch the grey clouds blow by the roof of the wooden boat school. Very pacific northwest.

And sew i have! I am happy to report that the sewing machine works and i haven't broken it yet. I finally put that cloth liner in my Crochet Laptop Bag!

 Outside
Inside-out

I have the Universe in my bag!


I am completely in love with this fabric and you will be seeing it again and again. I have had it for quite a while. I originally purchased it for the inside curtain of my college bunk bed. Hahaha.
Anyway, having a liner in this bag makes it much more stable and it's nice to have a little added padding for my laptops protection. It also no longer looks all weird and stretched out when i carry anything in it.
Sorry about the pictures, my house is very poorly lit.

Also made a super fun little pleated lined bag to keep my thread in!

Great tutorial over on Charm Stitch. Hers obviously a lot neater than mine and i think if i actually took a bit more time with it it could be a super cute going out clutch.

More sewing to come! And I should be putting the final edging on my shawl this weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Your universe rocks my world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! That is such a beautiful fabric. I want the universe in my bag :). Love you!

    ReplyDelete