Thursday, February 21, 2013

The beauty of finely sanded wood

Ships. They are beautiful.
Wooden boats, in my opinion even more so.








My boat builder, All enthusiasm and talent.

I am living with my boyfriend (featured above) while he is going to wooden boat building school. I think this is a factor in my current feeling of under achievement. I will do something and then feel like i've totally wasted my time. Partially i think because i am living with a blindingly talented, obscenely motivated young man. The reading about boats, the boat projects, the voracious appetite for all things boat knowledge related is mind boggeling. It puts into very sharp perspective my lack of forward momentum..
Living with that can occasionally make ones crocheting achievements feel rather feeble. Despite this, I soldier on!
I have recently completed a carrying case for my tiny new laptop. My new laptop is not an ancient hulking behemoth as my old one was and therefor is unsafe in my old computer bag. Yet another excuse to make something with yarn! Huzzah!


Pattern:

Chain the length of whatever electronic device you are trying to carry minus about half an inch.
Turn and single crochet around your chain adding an extra single crochet as you turn around the opposite end (where you started your chain)
( to b continued)


1 comment:

  1. I love your laptop bag! Now I really want to learn to make one.

    ReplyDelete